Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Masters week

I don't get into the golf season until Masters week hits. The first major of the year. Augusta -- every golfer's dream round. Those azaleas. Amen Corner. The Sunday roars. I won't miss it. Last year I think I became one with the couch. I didn't leave it once the broadcast started. One of these days, I'll go watch in person. Sigh...

But hey, only 4 weeks until the big boys come to our town, here in Charlotte for the Wachovia Championship. I've already blocked off vacation days for that week so I can play in the morning and watch in the afternoon. I've got a pal coming down for the weekend. So I'll be playing competitive rounds as well!

Last year, I think I did Stonebridge (Monroe), Charlotte National (Indian Trail), and Springfield (Ft Mill) around tourney time. I haven't played any of those recently. So I may hit them again next month. Stonebridge and Char Natl are definitely two of my favorites around town.

Post a comment if you've played any recently or are making plans for the Wachovia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home